Chartrand's book on US forces and eqpt. in the War of 1812

  • Robert Van Patten
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 1999
      To those of you who have expressed an interest:

      I wrote to the publisher, Old Fort Niagara, and received a letter today
      from Mr. Dale Demler who has the title of Assistant Financial Services
      Manager. In his letter Mr. Demler informed me that the book is indeed out
      of print and is unavailable.

      This being the case you can try asking someone who has a copy of the book
      to copy it for you. This will not violate any copyright laws since the
      publisher has pronounced the book unavailable and out of print. Just be
      sure that whomever copies it for you does not make any money off of the
      transaction. That could create a problem if anyone was interested enough
      to pursue it.

      van
    • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 1999
        In a message dated 7/1/99 11:28:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
        orville@... writes:

        << I wrote to the publisher, Old Fort Niagara, and received a letter today
        from Mr. Dale Demler who has the title of Assistant Financial Services
        Manager. In his letter Mr. Demler informed me that the book is indeed out
        of print and is unavailable. >>

        I cannot guarantee this but I THINK the visitors Centre at Chalmette (Jean
        Laffite NHP) might have a copy the 'phone number is 504 589-4430.

      • Robert Van Patten
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 1999
          Thanks for the tip, Tim.

          ----------
          > From: BritcomHMP@...
          > To: WarOf1812@onelist.com
          > Subject: Re: [WarOf1812] Chartrand's book on US forces and eqpt. in the
          War of 1812
          > Date: Thursday, July 01, 1999 12:48 PM
          >
          > From: BritcomHMP@...
          >
          > In a message dated 7/1/99 11:28:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
          > orville@... writes:
          >
          > << I wrote to the publisher, Old Fort Niagara, and received a letter
          today
          > from Mr. Dale Demler who has the title of Assistant Financial Services
          > Manager. In his letter Mr. Demler informed me that the book is indeed
          out
          > of print and is unavailable. >>
          >
          > I cannot guarantee this but I THINK the visitors Centre at Chalmette
          (Jean
          > Laffite NHP) might have a copy the 'phone number is 504 589-4430.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Tim

          > Attention ONElist list owners.
          > http://www.onelist.com
          > Check out the new "DEFAULT MODERATED STATUS" option. See homepage.

          square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS
          of square miles...