Longwoods

    Message 1 of 50 , May 5, 2003
      I also congratulate the Royal Scots for their
      work and success presenting the Battle of
      Longwoods weekend. Consider this my
      registration for your 2004 event!

      Thanks to Paul Kelly who captured the
      soul of the event on film (oops digital)!

      Seeing what the spectators saw the battles
      were very animated and very enjoyable,
      although it is always hard to narrate a battle
      where the Crown Forces are climbing up
      a snowy slippery hill, when there is no hill
      or snow.

      The Crown Forces Corps of Drums out
      did themselves and the lament during the
      Remembrance Service was very
      professionally executed. Thanks for the all
      the hard work done by Drum Major Ross
      Flowers and his musicians. He has posted
      that he is actively searching for more fifers
      and drummers.

      Recruiting is also being done by Richard Feltoe
      who is raising the Crown Forces Colour Party.
      This new unit will be created to allow both
      wings of the Crown Forces to have colours.
      Interested parties are to contact Richard.

      Our sympathies to the family of Bud Powers
      from Chatham Ontario Canada portraying
      the 27th US Infantry who passed away. He
      will be missed.

      I would also like to mention those unsung heroes
      who change into American identities to bolster
      the " Thin Blue Line", without them the battle
      scenarios would not be believable. Hats off to
      the "Cross Dressers"!
      And as always there is Rob, Betsy and the cadre'
      of US Troops who constantly attend. Thanks to
      the old US guard for staying loyal all these years

      Gratitude also goes to the "doing-it-correct" sutlers
      who have to put up with those who don't. We may not
      always show it but we appreciate your efforts to
      appear and sell 1812.

      Sad it is to say goodbye to Ed Kliewer of Bent River
      Wood Products. This was his last event as a Sutler.
      Ya couldn't buy the wood to make a box or chair for
      what he charged.

      My dance card shows the next outings to be

      May 24-25 Talbot Settlement Reenactment - Port Stanley, Ontario
      May 24-25: Fort Meigs - First Siege 1813 - Perrysburg Ohio
      May 26 Fort Meigs - Memorial Day Commeration - Perrysburg Ohio
      (Ed ?!?)

      Cheers,

      Larry Lozon
    • Grenzer7
      Message 50 of 50 , May 6, 2014
        Let me add a congratulations and a thank you to the organizers of the
        Longwoods event. We enjoyed it and wished more people had come out to
        join either as reenactors or spectators. This was a great start to the
        season!

        John Goldsworthy
        Croghan's Company, 17th US Infantry
        (The King's Company of Historical Reenactors)