Longwoods

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 51 , May 5, 2003
      On behalf of the Forty First Regiment of Foot, I wish to congratulate
      the organizers (The Royal Scots) for an excellent week-end at Longwoods
      this year. Well done! The week-end was a wonderful success, and a
      fitting start to the 2003 season in 'Upper Canada'.
      Our congratulations too to Drum Major Flowers and the Drums. They get
      better every year and this reflects the extremely hard work put in by
      them all.

      Ray Hobbs, Sgt
      CO 41st Regiment of Foot
      HQ Hamilton, Ontario

      The Canadas 1799-1815

      http://fortyfirst.tripod.com/index2.htm
    • tom4141fournier
      Message 51 of 51 , May 8

        Good morning list

        I would like to thank the Royal Scot Lights for their wonderful work hosting us this weekend at the Longwoods Conservation Area just outside of London, Ontario.

        I marvel at the resiliency and high spirts so evident in reenactors!

        In spite of terrible weather forecasts all week, we had a remarkable turnout and actually had a very good weekend.  All drill sessions and battle scenarios went as planned.

        I am so happy all were rewarded with a sunny day and dry canvas to wrap up the weekend!

        I found the American forces to be very active and energetic and truly a daunting opponent.

        I would also like to thank the assembled British, Canadian and Native forces for their support and fine efforts.  It is always a joy to watch the dedication with which they train to refine their impression and the skill they demonstrate in application.

        Next up is our first Crown Forces event of the season at Fort Meigs.  Stoney Creek quickly follows.  I hope to see strong turnouts and great support at both events.

        Truly I remain,

        Your most humble and obedient Servant,

        Tom Fournier, Lt. Colonel

        Crown Forces