School of the Soldier and new Yahoo Group

  • James
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      Greetings all,

      The 2003 School of the US Soldier was a success, and I would like to
      thank the many people that assisted to make this event happen. This
      includes everyone who traveled to the post, those who ran the drills,
      and sessions, the cooks, those who gave support even though the could
      not attned and the Fort Atkinson staff and volunteers who prepared
      the site for us.

      We have set up a new Yahoo Group to further evaluate the event and to
      make plans for future schools. There is already discusssion being
      held about moving this event to Indiana or Ohio for next year, and
      possibly Fort Osage the year after that. It is very gratifying to
      see the interest in continuing this event.

      Anyone interested in joining the discussion is welcome to do so. The
      group name is 1812-School-of-the-Soldier.

      Your servant

      Jas Lundgren
      1st Lt. 6th US Infantry
      Fort Atkinson