US School of the Soldier

  • dancingbobd@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      Hi Larry and all,

      The rain that was predicted for Friday never arrived and we had 3 great
      days for outdoor activities. Live firing was available for those who
      wanted to bruise their shoulders. A ball took place on Saturday
      evening. In addition to the Light Art'y, there were Rifles from Mich. &
      Ft. Atkinson, 1st Inf (Cpt. Dave Bennetts" Coy.) 6th Inf from Ft.
      Atkinson, a Marine 2 1/2 musicians (one with a bum leg that fifed from
      the side of the parade) and a Surgeon/Engineer (yes, I have a split
      personality) ;^0

      I walked more in the three days than I normally walk in three weeks. By
      Sat. evening, me feet hurt up to my hip joints. That's how I knew that
      I was haveing so much fun.

      Friday night we had an exciting game of whist. Maj. Smith and Lt.
      Lundgren won the first game and Capt. Bennett and I won the second. The
      sherry was enjoyed by all.

      The drill on Sunday looked very, very good. It really looked like a
      batallion.

      All and all, it was a great experience. A hearty Huzzah to Lt. James
      Lundgren who was the driving force for the event!

      Regards,

      Bob Dorian
      Engineer/Surgeon
      Independence, Missouri