Re: Redcoat Pattern

  • Five Rivers
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2003
      Ryan, et al,

      Currently the best redcoat pattern on the market is the yet to be
      finished Past Patterns Napoleonic/British Military coat. It is historically
      accurate, well-researched, well-engineered with excellent sewing
      instructions. The downside is it is individually sized 36 through 46, so one
      size, one pattern. We will be carrying it as a special order only item at
      $65.75CDN, because of the cost and sizing.

      While I was informed by Past Patterns this patten was indeed ready and
      released back in February, I have yet to receive any of my prepaid order
      from them, because, I am told, the sizing and a few tweaks are as yet not
      finished. The pattern is not, to my knowledge, even available through their
      website as yet. I am taking orders for the pattern, but cannot promise a
      timely delivery. The pattern, because of lack of information from my
      supplier, is not as yet up on our website, but if you contact me directly I
      will be pleased to assist you.

      The next best alternative is the Past Patterns 1804 US Army Issue
      Artillery Coat, also historically accurate, well-engineered, excellent
      sewing instructions. It is available in groups of sizes listed as army issue
      sizes: 1,2 & 3 (chest 35, 37, 39), 4, 5, & 6 (chest 41, 43, 45), 7, 8 & 9
      (chest 47, 49, 51), 10, 11 & 12 (chest 53, 55, 57). It is available through
      our website as a regular stock item at $45.25CDN.

      After that you're left with the Period Impressions 1812 Officer's
      Coatee, sized small, medium and large. It's historically accurate, although
      the engineering is not perfect and the sewing instructions good but not
      wonderful. It also is available through our website at $20.00CDN.

      And at the moment, to my knowledge, that's it on the commercial market
      for War of 1812 military coats, although the Kannik's Korner double breasted
      jacket can easily be adapted to a barracks jacket. I have recently finished
      a handsewn linen single-breasted version of this jacket for Gary. Am very
      pleased both with the pattern and the garment.

      We will be at Longwoods. Anyone is welcome to drop by and browse and/or
      chat.

      Regards
      Lorina
      supplies