Hail Columbia

  • Robert Van Patten
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 1999
      In a recent post to the listserve Betsy Bashore noted that the song Hail
      Columbia was used on occasion in the manner in which a national anthem
      would be used in a period including the War of 1812 (it was written around
      1780). I have found the music for this song and have transposed it into
      the key of C so that I can attempt to play it on my alto recorder. Anyone
      interested can have a copy of my handwritten work by sending a SASE to:

      Captain R. E. van Patten
      Officer Commanding
      Steele's Rifles - 1812
      3873 Upper Bellbrook Road