Re: [WarOf1812] Battle of Georgian Bay 2004 - Cancelled

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2003
      Thank you David for a great run on the BGB. I have wonderful memories
      of 2001 - wading through the mud on to Magazine Island; watching a
      colleague do a belly flop into the water; me accidentally scooping up
      half of Georgian Bay in my shako and putting on my head, much to the
      amusement of the spectators.

      The noise, the battles, the grand fun, the music, especially
      Tanglefoot, the final battle and facing M. Matthews and his noble, but
      doomed 21e Ligne Regt. Ah, you died well, Monsieur!

      All in all, an excellent time. The organization was superb, and you
      and your colleagues Dave should be congratulated on a wonderful
      addition to the hobby. Let us hope that it will not completely die.
      You did well, sir. Many thanks.

      Ray Hobbs, Sgt
      CO 41st Regiment of Foot
      HQ Hamilton, Ontario

      The Canadas 1799-1815

      http://fortyfirst.tripod.com/index2.htm

      On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 01:20 PM, PEGGY Mathews wrote:

      > Damn.
      >
      > Understood.
      >
      > Thanks for the ride, it was grand!
      >
      > Michael Mathews
      > 21e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
      >

      > "A man only needs two things in life.  WD40 to make things go, duct
      > tape to
      > make them stop."
      >

      > >From: "David J. Brunelle" <brunelle@...>
      > >To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
      > >Subject: [WarOf1812] Battle of Georgian Bay 2004 - Cancelled
      > >Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:20:54 -0500
      > >
      > >Dear Friends and Re-enactors,
      > >
      > >     After much thought and deliberation I have decided that I will
      > not be
      > >able to help plan and co-ordinate a Battle of Georgian Bay event for
      > 2004.
      > >This is a very difficult decision for myself as I am the founder of
      > the
      > >event and would love to see it continue and grow.  However, with a
      > family
      > >of two young children, new employment responsibilities, outstanding
      > BGB
      > >2001 debt responsibilities, past politics with BGB events, starting
      > from
      > >scratch again and just taking into consideration that I need a break
      > from
      > >organizing special events, has all factored into me making this
      > decision.
      > >     I would like to thank all those re-enactors who have supported
      > the
      > >event and with luck may see another BGB event in a few years to come.
      > >
      > >Look forward to a normal and relaxing re-enactment season with
      > everyone
      > >this summer!!
      > >

      > >Take Care!!!
      > >
      > >David J. Brunelle
      > >Chairman
      > >Battle of Georgian Bay 1998/2001

      > >The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of
      > hundreds of
      > >square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of
      > THOUSANDS
      > >of square miles...
      > >
      > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/