Re: [WarOf1812] Battle of Georgian Bay 2004 - Cancelled

  • PEGGY Mathews
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2003
      Damn.

      Understood.

      Thanks for the ride, it was grand!

      Michael Mathews
      21e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne

      "A man only needs two things in life. WD40 to make things go, duct tape to
      make them stop."

      >From: "David J. Brunelle" <brunelle@...>
      >To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [WarOf1812] Battle of Georgian Bay 2004 - Cancelled
      >Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:20:54 -0500
      >
      >Dear Friends and Re-enactors,
      >
      > After much thought and deliberation I have decided that I will not be
      >able to help plan and co-ordinate a Battle of Georgian Bay event for 2004.
      >This is a very difficult decision for myself as I am the founder of the
      >event and would love to see it continue and grow. However, with a family
      >of two young children, new employment responsibilities, outstanding BGB
      >2001 debt responsibilities, past politics with BGB events, starting from
      >scratch again and just taking into consideration that I need a break from
      >organizing special events, has all factored into me making this decision.
      > I would like to thank all those re-enactors who have supported the
      >event and with luck may see another BGB event in a few years to come.
      >
      >Look forward to a normal and relaxing re-enactment season with everyone
      >this summer!!
      >

      >Take Care!!!
      >
      >David J. Brunelle
      >Chairman
      >Battle of Georgian Bay 1998/2001

      >of square miles...

    • Ray Hobbs
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2003
        Thank you David for a great run on the BGB. I have wonderful memories
        of 2001 - wading through the mud on to Magazine Island; watching a
        colleague do a belly flop into the water; me accidentally scooping up
        half of Georgian Bay in my shako and putting on my head, much to the
        amusement of the spectators.

        The noise, the battles, the grand fun, the music, especially
        Tanglefoot, the final battle and facing M. Matthews and his noble, but
        doomed 21e Ligne Regt. Ah, you died well, Monsieur!

        All in all, an excellent time. The organization was superb, and you
        and your colleagues Dave should be congratulated on a wonderful
        addition to the hobby. Let us hope that it will not completely die.
        You did well, sir. Many thanks.

        Ray Hobbs, Sgt
        CO 41st Regiment of Foot
        HQ Hamilton, Ontario

        The Canadas 1799-1815

        http://fortyfirst.tripod.com/index2.htm

        On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 01:20 PM, PEGGY Mathews wrote:

        > Damn.
        >
        > Understood.
        >
        > Thanks for the ride, it was grand!
        >
        > Michael Mathews
        > 21e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
        >

        > "A man only needs two things in life.  WD40 to make things go, duct
        > tape to
        > make them stop."
        >

        > >From: "David J. Brunelle" <brunelle@...>
        > >To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
        > >Subject: [WarOf1812] Battle of Georgian Bay 2004 - Cancelled
        > >Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:20:54 -0500
        > >
        > >Dear Friends and Re-enactors,
        > >
        > >     After much thought and deliberation I have decided that I will
        > not be
        > >able to help plan and co-ordinate a Battle of Georgian Bay event for
        > 2004.
        > >This is a very difficult decision for myself as I am the founder of
        > the
        > >event and would love to see it continue and grow.  However, with a
        > family
        > >of two young children, new employment responsibilities, outstanding
        > BGB
        > >2001 debt responsibilities, past politics with BGB events, starting
        > from
        > >scratch again and just taking into consideration that I need a break
        > from
        > >organizing special events, has all factored into me making this
        > decision.
        > >     I would like to thank all those re-enactors who have supported
        > the
        > >event and with luck may see another BGB event in a few years to come.
        > >
        > >Look forward to a normal and relaxing re-enactment season with
        > everyone
        > >this summer!!
        > >

        > >Take Care!!!
        > >
        > >David J. Brunelle
        > >Chairman
        > >Battle of Georgian Bay 1998/2001

        > >The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of
        > hundreds of
        > >square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of
        > THOUSANDS
        > >of square miles...
        > >
        > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/