"Napoleon" on A&E April 8/9

  • Susan Spencer McLean
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2003
      From this month's "Victoria" magazine:

      "A&E Network spared no expense recreating the opulence, romance, and
      complexity of Napoleon Bonaparte's reign and final days in this two-part
      drama. Christian Clavier has the title role but it's Isabella
      Rossellini's vulnerable and deftly drawn portrayal of Empress Josephine
      that shines brightest. Cast includes John Malkovich, Gerard Depardieu,
      Anouk Aimee. "Napoleon" airs on A&E April 8 and 9 from 8 to 10 pm EST."

      If the single photo of Isabella Rossellini as Josephine in the magazine
      is anything to go by, this should be worth watching for the costuming
      and sets alone.

      With apologies for the cross-posting,
      -- Sioux

      --
      Is your job getting in the way of your passion? We can help you change that.
      Check us out at www.globalsuccess2000.com/letsmakemoney

    • Ray Hobbs
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2003
        Now, I'd watch Isabella Rossellini dressed in anything, or not!

        Have any list members caught "Two Men in a Trench" on History
        Television (Cdn)? A quirky, interesting and informative series. An
        clever way of doing military history and archaeology.

        Ray Hobbs, Sgt
        CO 41st Regiment of Foot
        HQ Hamilton, Ontario

        The Canadas 1799-1815

        http://fortyfirst.tripod.com/index2.htm

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 19, 2003
          From: "Ray Hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>

          " ... I'd watch Isabella Rossellini dressed in anything, or not!"
          ___________

          Sarn't, couldn't agree more!!

          Only hope A&E treated the re-enactors a wee bit better than
          they did on the "CROSSING" with Jeff Daniel's.

          "Two Men in a Trench" on the Canadian History Channel is
          very good.

          Also, in today's newspaper, a photo of a soldier of the
          7th US Inf. stationed in Kuwait.
          Interesting to note the modern version of the soldiers that are
          being re-created (1812) by Steve Abolt's men (so well).

        • Jean-Philipe Chapleau
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 19, 2003
            I was lucky enough to see the series already. Its pretty good on the
            overall, but the fighting scenes were a little too short for my taste. Good
            Stuff though. And Yep IR is DEEEEELicious !

            JP
            " ... I'd watch Isabella Rossellini dressed in anything, or not!"
            ___________

            Sarn't, couldn't agree more!!

            Only hope A&E treated the re-enactors a wee bit better than
            they did on the "CROSSING" with Jeff Daniel's.

            "Two Men in a Trench" on the Canadian History Channel is
            very good.

            Also, in today's newspaper, a photo of a soldier of the
            7th US Inf. stationed in Kuwait.
            Interesting to note the modern version of the soldiers that are
            being re-created (1812) by Steve Abolt's men (so well).

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            square miles...