Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Redcoat

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2003
      It is an excellent book, and is now available in a paperback edition -
      but my hb looks soooo smart on my library shelves.
      Richard Holmes is currently working on a Television series based on
      that book, and on some recent research he has done into Wellington. I
      do not know when that is due out, or whether it will ever find its way
      to North America. I shall be visiting him in the Fall, and will try to
      find out more details.
      Sincerely
      Ray Hobbs
      CO 41st Regt. of Foot
      Hamilton, Ontario

      On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 12:09 AM, David Lynch wrote:

      > I recently finished it myself - it was a wonderful read, and I
      > heartily recommend it.
      >
      > As someone interested in portraying the personality quirks of a
      > British officer as much as re-enacting his battlefield
      > responsibilities, I found the book an invaluable source which I am
      > sure I will return to again and again.
      >
      > Everyone should rush out and buy, or demand their local library
      > obtain, this book.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Dave Lynch
      > Lt., 93rd SHRoFLHU
      > THE Thin Red Line
      > (Which I'm convinced, at that particular moment in history, was also
      > a bit brown and yellow, too...)
      >

      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Susan Spencer McLean <susan@m...>
      > wrote:
      > >   The following is a forward from the Clan MacLean History e-
      > group.  If
      > > this book has already come up on this list, my apologies for the
      > > repetition -- I missed it.  If not, it sounds truly worthwhile --
      > > Alasdair is himself an author and is one of the leading experts on
      > the
      > > history of the Clan MacLean, and does not give such recommendations
      > > lightly or often.
      > >
      > > -- Sioux

      <image.tiff>