Re: Commissary Tunic

  • David Lynch <dave8365@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2003
      Hi Kevin,

      Thanks so much for the kind offer of pictures - I gladly accept. And
      if, at some point, I find myself travelling from the left coast to
      Niagra Falls, I will also happily drop in the museum!

      After having the chance to see the photographs, I would be greatful
      for a continued discussion vis-a-vis the lace.

      And thanks for your input too, Tim.

      Cheers,
      Dave Lynch

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Windsor <kevin.windsor@s...>
      wrote:
      > Dave, I have one at work. It is from the 1820's, but is still the
      same make up of our period.
      > Just off the top. It is blue long skirted single breasted with
      white trouser (actually breeches turned into trouser) I am not sure
      about the lace since this guy was also
      > the ADC to the Gov General so he has the scroll lace (which I think
      Tim sells?)
      > I will take some pictures of it. BTW this guy was a commissary
      officer and not a civilian. He was a Captain.
      > I will take some photos and post them to the list or if there is
      not enough room I will email them to you.