NAPOLEONic warfare....

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
      Grenadier1815@... writes:

      ... its called NAPOLEONic warfare....

      From: BritcomHMP@...

      Just rolls of the tongue better than WELLINGTONIC
      though I suppose we could call it ARTHURIAN!:-)

      TRUE STORY

      While narrating an 1812 battle re-enactment in
      Canada I was making the point that the British/Canadian
      and American Armies fought lined up facing each other,
      and this is known as Napoleonic Warfare.

      After the battle re-enactment a spectator came up to me
      and asked,
      "Which of the re-enactors was portraying Napoleon?"

      Maybe it should be known as MADISONic or BROCKic'
      Warfare in North America ?! :^)

      Larry Lozon
    • HQ93rd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        In a message dated 03/2/03 6:57:32 AM, lalozon@... writes:

        << While narrating an 1812 battle re-enactment in
        Canada I was making the point that the British/Canadian
        and American Armies fought lined up facing each other,
        and this is known as Napoleonic Warfare.

        After the battle re-enactment a spectator came up to me
        and asked,
        "Which of the re-enactors was portraying Napoleon?"

        Oh lordy...
        not too long ago, some of us 93rd had a display set up at a Scottish
        festival, and whilst talking to a small group of interested folks at our
        small camp set-up, a fellow (who obviously had - and probably still was -
        used far too many brain crystaling consumables) in quick and disjointed
        speech began saying, "yeah man you look JUST like Napoleon man"....
        And here I was standing there with my blondish hair, 5 foot 11, in a red
        officer coat, and kilt, and feather bonnet.
        "yeah man...."

        (Oh....and some may wonder what I replied with.
        In my best John Lennon voice I said, "Oh no, you look more like him than I
        do. They ALL say that you know..." and then went back to talking to the other
        folks about muskets or whatever.)

        93rd SHRoFLHU
        THE Thin Red Line
        www.93rdhighlanders.com