Re: [WarOf1812] Battle of New Orleans ~ Humbert

  • MCARTHUR JAMES
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 2, 2003
      Is your unit based in New Orleans, Charles?
      Jim

      Peter Catley <peter.catley@...> wrote:

      Bonjour Mssr Jim,

      Glad to hear you're interested in portraying a creole gentleman. You
      have many choices when it comes to that. My unit portrays the creole
      gentlemen of Le Bataillon d'Orleans. This unit includes French
      creoles and Irish. There's also Beale's Rifles made up of New
      Orleans businessmen. The Spanish creoles of the Islenos society
      formed local units as well. There were plantation owners such as
      Chalmet, Villere, and De LaRonde who joined with Jackson. There was
      even General Humbert, a former French General, who fought for
      Louisiana.

      Charles,

      Is this the same General Humbert who was involved with the Rising of the
      United Irishmen in 1798?

      P**

    • flaterritory
      Message 50 of 50 , Jan 15, 2014

        I don't have as far to go as many of you, and just moved 450 miles closer to New Orleans, so it only takes me 6.5 hours to drive there now.  I will say start making reservations now, and I am planning it to be the event of a lifetime.  The warm weather was mentioned, but come prepared for anything because it could also be below freezing during the day as it was in 2010.  This year was on the warm side, but that is not always the case.

        Sincerely,

        Chris Kimball in Florida