Re: [WarOf1812] US 1813 Pat coatee

  • Steve Abolt
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
      Dave,
      I can help you out by either providing a completed
      uniform or a kit. Sorry, but I don't sell the pattern.

      You can contact me off list if you so desire.
      sacbg7@...

      All the best,
      Steve Abolt

      <droth@...> wrote:
      > Can anyone recommend a source for a good, authentic
      > pattern for an
      > 1812/1813 pattern coatee?

      =====
      Cottonbalers, By God!

      visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Five Rivers
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
        Dear Dave,

        > Can anyone recommend a source for a good, authentic pattern for an
        > 1812/1813 pattern coatee?

        There is a new US coatee pattern taken from an extant garment available
        from Past Patterns now. You can view, and purchase if you wish, through our
        secure website. URL in tagline. I have not used it myself, but based upon
        previous experience and reputation of Past Patterns, I would have to say
        it's likely a spot-on, well-engineered pattern.

        Regards
        Lorina
        supplies
        (519) 799-5577, fax (519) 799-5418 http://www.5rivers.org email:
        info@...
      • Brian Howard
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2003
          Dave,

          The pattern that Lorina refers to is for the very
          early period of 1799-1810. In 1810 the uniform
          changed to a short coat with a single breasted front
          and short tails that ended at mid thigh rather than
          the back of the knee. Steve Abolt produces a very
          fine reproduction of the 1813 pattern coat which I
          purchased from him as a kit. Our unit website,
          http://members.cox.net/2varegiment, has images of the
          1812 pattern coatee and the 1813 pattern coatee. Look
          at these and compare them to the pattern that Past
          Patterns has and you will see the difference
          immediately.

          Of course you can try the sutlers C.D. Jarnigan and G.
          Gedney Godwin who will sell you a completed garment.
          Good luck in your search.

          Brian Howard
          2nd Virginia Regiment, 1813-1815.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com