US 1813 Pat coatee

  • droth2003 <droth@interlynx.net>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
      Can anyone recommend a source for a good, authentic pattern for an
      1812/1813 pattern coatee? After having my other uniforms custom made
      I wanted to give the US coatee a try myself.
      Thanks....

      Dave
    • Steve Abolt
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
        Dave,
        I can help you out by either providing a completed
        uniform or a kit. Sorry, but I don't sell the pattern.

        You can contact me off list if you so desire.
        sacbg7@...

        All the best,
        Steve Abolt

        <droth@...> wrote:
        > Can anyone recommend a source for a good, authentic
        > pattern for an
        > 1812/1813 pattern coatee?

        =====
        Cottonbalers, By God!

        visit our website at www.cottonbalers.lynchburg.net

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Five Rivers
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
          Dear Dave,

          > Can anyone recommend a source for a good, authentic pattern for an
          > 1812/1813 pattern coatee?

          There is a new US coatee pattern taken from an extant garment available
          from Past Patterns now. You can view, and purchase if you wish, through our
          secure website. URL in tagline. I have not used it myself, but based upon
          previous experience and reputation of Past Patterns, I would have to say
          it's likely a spot-on, well-engineered pattern.

          Regards
          Lorina
          supplies
          (519) 799-5577, fax (519) 799-5418 http://www.5rivers.org email:
          info@...
        • Brian Howard
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2003
            Dave,

            The pattern that Lorina refers to is for the very
            early period of 1799-1810. In 1810 the uniform
            changed to a short coat with a single breasted front
            and short tails that ended at mid thigh rather than
            the back of the knee. Steve Abolt produces a very
            fine reproduction of the 1813 pattern coat which I
            purchased from him as a kit. Our unit website,
            http://members.cox.net/2varegiment, has images of the
            1812 pattern coatee and the 1813 pattern coatee. Look
            at these and compare them to the pattern that Past
            Patterns has and you will see the difference
            immediately.

            Of course you can try the sutlers C.D. Jarnigan and G.
            Gedney Godwin who will sell you a completed garment.
            Good luck in your search.

            Brian Howard
            2nd Virginia Regiment, 1813-1815.

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com