Re: Battle of New Orleans

  • charlespk66 <charlespk66@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 1, 2003
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Jim McArthur <jmmcart@y...>"
      <jmmcart@y...> wrote:
      > Hello, the list!
      >
      > I'm interested in corresponding with anyone who re-enacts the
      Battle
      > of New Orleans, as I'm considering getting involved with same. Not
      > sure what sort of a character I'd like to portray but am leaning
      > towards a Creole gentleman who hastily enlists to help save his
      > town, rather than a militia member.
      >
      > Any information on dress, weapons, people to contact, etc. would
      be
      > greatly appreciated!
      >
      > Jim

      Bonjour Mssr Jim,

      Glad to hear you're interested in portraying a creole gentleman. You
      have many choices when it comes to that. My unit portrays the creole
      gentlemen of Le Bataillon d'Orleans. This unit includes French
      creoles and Irish. There's also Beale's Rifles made up of New
      Orleans businessmen. The Spanish creoles of the Islenos society
      formed local units as well. There were plantation owners such as
      Chalmet, Villere, and De LaRonde who joined with Jackson. There was
      even General Humbert, a former French General, who fought for
      Louisiana.

      Here's our web site if you'd like to see what we do:
      http://www.geocities.com/lebataillondorleans/
      I'd also be glad to help with what info I have on the other choices.
      If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at:
      CPecquet@...

      A Bientot,
      Charles Pecquet
      capitaine
      le bataillon d'Orleans
    • flaterritory
      Message 50 of 50 , Jan 15, 2014

        I don't have as far to go as many of you, and just moved 450 miles closer to New Orleans, so it only takes me 6.5 hours to drive there now.  I will say start making reservations now, and I am planning it to be the event of a lifetime.  The warm weather was mentioned, but come prepared for anything because it could also be below freezing during the day as it was in 2010.  This year was on the warm side, but that is not always the case.

        Sincerely,

        Chris Kimball in Florida