Battle of New Orleans

  • Jim McArthur <jmmcart@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hello, the list!

      I'm interested in corresponding with anyone who re-enacts the Battle
      of New Orleans, as I'm considering getting involved with same. Not
      sure what sort of a character I'd like to portray but am leaning
      towards a Creole gentleman who hastily enlists to help save his
      town, rather than a militia member.

      Any information on dress, weapons, people to contact, etc. would be
      greatly appreciated!

      Jim
    • flaterritory
      Message 50 of 50 , Jan 15, 2014

        I don't have as far to go as many of you, and just moved 450 miles closer to New Orleans, so it only takes me 6.5 hours to drive there now.  I will say start making reservations now, and I am planning it to be the event of a lifetime.  The warm weather was mentioned, but come prepared for anything because it could also be below freezing during the day as it was in 2010.  This year was on the warm side, but that is not always the case.

        Sincerely,

        Chris Kimball in Florida