Re: [WarOf1812] the Photos section of this egroup

  • Vince Wilding
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
      I have a server with oodles of space,
      http://www.wincingdevil.com/JPPM0902/ is an example of the pages I put up.
      Let us know which albums you are going to take down, and I'll snarf the
      photos for archival purposes.

      --
      Vince Wilding (Splotch, Fuzzee and Minnie's Majordomo)
      Vince (at) VinceWilding (dot) com --- http://www.VinceWilding.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
        Vince:

        This is a generous offer. I'd request that *all* photos posted to the 1812
        yahoo site be copied asap to your new one. I would propose adding a note
        about this photo archive site on to the "footer" message of this list...
        after the bit about hundreds & thousands & miles etc... it could say "1812
        photo gallery: see "Vince's web site"...

        As for the yahoo gallery site, perhaps there should be a 6-month limit to
        how long photos from any given event can stay on. I don't know if you
        (Vince) would feel comfortable letting anybody but you post to your site -
        if so, the protocol could be:
        1) photographer posts to yahoo site -
        2) once a month, Jim cleans off anything older than 6 months, and
        3) Vince copies anything posted that month on to his big server site...
        where it stays for a long, long time...

        Is this a plan?

        This Friday, I will be removing all photos files from events that predate
        August 1, 2002.

        Jim The Moderator

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2003
          I've archived the pix from Crysler's Farm 2002 and Stoney Creek 2002
          online at:

          http://www.WincingDevil.com/1812

          I'll be archiving the oldest ones, and those were the two oldest.
          More Later, your archival scheme sound good!

          James Yaworsky wrote:

          > 1) photographer posts to yahoo site -
          > 2) once a month, Jim cleans off anything older than 6 months, and
          > 3) Vince copies anything posted that month on to his big server site...
          > where it stays for a long, long time...

          --
          Vince Wilding (Splotch, Fuzzee and Minnie's Majordomo)
          Vince (at) VinceWilding (dot) com --- http://www.VinceWilding.com
          http://www.WincingDevil.com (Piratical and reenacting stuff)
          Free Trade and Sailor's Rights! Long Live President Madison!