Workshops

  • Five Rivers
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2003
      Thought I'd let people know about two workshops Five Rivers is running
      in March.

      Saturday and Sunday March 1&2: A weekend workshop dedicated to
      discovering the secrets of constructing Georgian stays, suitable for any
      18th century historical interpretation. Students learn how to adjust a
      pattern for a personal, custom fit, and period hand-sewing techniques, in an
      intimate, hands-on environment. Pattern included. Materials list provided
      prior to class to allow students time to assemble fabric, boning and notions
      required for the weekend. Classes conducted 9:00 a.m. to noon, with a 1 ½
      hour break for lunch, with the afternoon session running from 1:30 p.m. to
      5:30 p.m. Accommodations (primitive, depending on first come, first bed
      basis) and meals included.

      Saturday and Sunday March 15&16: A weekend workshop dedicated to
      discovering the secrets of constructing a Regency corset, suitable for 1790
      to 1825 historical interpretation. Students learn how to adjust a pattern
      for a personal, custom fit, and period hand-sewing techniques, in an
      intimate, hands-on environment. Pattern included. Materials list provided
      prior to class to allow students time to assemble fabric, boning and notions
      required for the weekend. Classes conducted 9:00 a.m. to noon, with a 1 ½
      hour break for lunch, with the afternoon session running from 1:30 p.m. to
      5:30 p.m. Accommodations (primitive depending on first booked first bed
      basis) and meals included.

      Bookings can be made either through our website or by contacting me
      directly.

      Regards
      Lorina Stephens

      supplies
      (519) 799-5577, fax (519) 799-5418 http://www.5rivers.org email:
      info@...
    • Five Rivers
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
        For those who may be interested, we're offering the following workshops:

        Georgian stays (18th century), February 21, 22; June 26, 27; September 25,
        26.
        Regency corset (1790-1825), April 24, 25.
        Victorian corset (1850-1890), October 23, 24.
        Campfire Cookery, June 12, 13; July 31, August 1; August 21, 22; September
        11, 12.

        Detailed information can be found on our website (URL in tagline). Book
        early to avoid disappointment!

        Regards
        Lorina
        supplies