Re: [WarOf1812] C of U + Empire.

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
      I share the shame, Peter. Wisden's contains a record of the first game
      of cricket outside Britain in 1793, I recall - ten years before the
      Aussies caught on. This game was played in Montreal between a local
      team of Gentlemen and that of the local garrison. I believe the local
      Gentlemen won.
      Occasionally Canada rustles up a team to play some visiting group, but
      watching Canadians play the West Indies in the Skydome is a far cry from
      the Oval or Lords. Sic transit gloria!
      Ray (who had a mean leg-spin in his day!)

      PS: For those unaware, Wisden's is the Cricketer's Bible.