Thoughts on Hay & Straw

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
      From: Tom Apple <tuckahoe@...>

      We paid $50 per roll of hay and it served at least 50 people.

      Tom

      Where are you? As if you are in the USA, that would be
      50 US Dollars = 78.935 Canadian Dollars

      Per: http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic
    • Tom Apple <tuckahoe@pinn.net>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@n...> wrote:
        > From: Tom Apple <tuckahoe@p...>
        >
        > We paid $50 per roll of hay and it served at least 50 people.
        >

        > Tom
        >
        > Where are you? As if you are in the USA, that would be
        > 50 US Dollars = 78.935 Canadian Dollars
        >
        > Per: http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

        I'm in Suffolk, Virginia. Sometimes you can get hay rolls for as low
        as $40 US if you shop around and it's been a good harvest. We went
        with hay that had been rolled the day prior to pick up. Nice, sweet,
        Surry County hay. Drive around in a beat up pick-up truck with two
        rolls of hay in the back and every local will wave at you. Instant
        assimilation.

        Regards,

        Tom A.
      • crttop7311@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
          The only problem with using hay, authenticity aside, is that it is usually a major source of allergens. While a multitude of people are allergic to hay, few, if any are allergic to straw. Especially if is clean, as in without dust.

          Obviously the cost here is a major issue also, in Missouri 80-100# square bales of straw=@1.50usd. The same bale of hay will you run you @4.00usd. Also, you can sleep directly on straw in relative comfort, if you try that with hay you will wake up in an itching frenzy... just my unprofessional thoughts.

          E Matthews, SGT.
          XIV Light Dragoons
          On picket away from the center of the universe.