Re: New Pattern Releases

  • Ed Seufert <LCpl_RM@comcast.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Five Rivers" <lgsteph@g...> wrote:
      > Finally the military coatee patterns we've been waiting for from
      Past Patterns are released. Five Rivers is carrying them;

      > This shell pattern may be used for military patterns circa 1796-
      1809. This includes patterns for the Lewis and Clark bicentennial
      celebrations. The pattern is based on U.S. Army correspondence
      between 1803-1805 from the National Archives as well as garments and
      drafting systems.

      > The pattern contains historical notes by Robert G. Stone describing
      the 1804 artillery coat as well as how to adapt the pattern for use
      in making a Lewis and Clark private's coat.

      Lorina,

      I was researching the archives and the Military pattern originally
      announced to be available was for a British Coatee supposedly
      developed by Jim Kochan. (July 2001)

      The pattern as described by your email seems to be American. Can you
      give any further information on the British Coatee and if one will be
      available?

      Ed Seufert
      1812 Royal Marines