Re: Frustrations of the public hobbyist...

  • Tracy <tracyforsyth@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
      Yes Kevin his green faced uniform you made him is small. He now dons
      a pair of 41st pants weekly during the summer at Fort George (I know
      pants is not the proper word but you all know the white things that
      cover your waist to your feet and botton instead of zip):)So the 41st
      may have a new recruit in about 5 or 6 years.

      Tracy

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Windsor <kevin.windsor@s...>
      wrote:
      > Well spoken Sara, Ray, Tracy and Jake!
      > I am truly glad that I have a part in the lives of spectators, and
      repeat visitors as well. This forces me to learn more because Jake
      always asks me such tough
      > questions! Also this keeps many re-enactors on their toes because
      I am not sure if you all know this or not, but some re-enactors tend
      to make things up if they don't
      > know the answer!! I too have been a spectator before a re-enactor
      and I find that you get a few who will talk (one private in the 89th
      will talk for days and days and
      > then remember he hasn't eaten, but still find someone else to talk
      to) and many who don't. You can usually tell hem because they are
      the ones who don't look a tourist in
      > the eye or walk really quickly with their head down etc etc.
      >
      > So this year please make an honest effort to stop being the re-
      enactor who goes on the field and off into the tent, but to be an
      educator as well.

      > Just a thought for 2003.
      > If you speak to the public it will either make you look smart or
      stupid. If you look stupid once it is amazing how quickly you will
      try to make yourself smarter.

      > p.s. the last uniform I made for Jake was faced green! Although
      last time I marched him around a field it was getting quite small!!

      .