authentic

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      From: Dave Bennett <ebclemson@...>

      " ... a camp that we are attempting to make as authentic as possible

      ____________

      I must agree with David. As a narrator at a number of events I have the
      opportunities to hear comments from the "Town'ers". I hear so many
      favourable statements about the 1st, 7th, 25th U.States Infys & CLC
      camp. Comments of the lack of modern items and hand sewn tents to
      mention only two items. There are also favourable statements re some
      of the British/Canadian Units.

      On the other hand, there are comments about coolers, plastic containers,
      etc.
      It would be so great if these folks would cover these items with a blanket
      or
      tie close their tents. The statement "the chain is only as strong as it's
      weakest
      link" comes to mind. One unit does all it can to recreate history and this
      is blown
      away by a unit who has a cooler and aluminium camp cot in plain view.

      Whether you are in the hobby for yourself or for the publick, if re-creating
      history, we should try to do just that. At Williamsburg they cover the
      garbage
      cans with barrels .........................

      Larry Lozon
      AdC Crown Forces

      Wishing all a Happy and Prosperous 2003