Re: [WarOf1812] Cast-off 41st Coats - Detroit, 1812

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2002
      The reason I am asking is that I heard a "re-enactorism" that coats that went into cast off status had all regimentals removed. (lace, buttons) I wondered if there was
      any evidence to this being done for the 41st (or any other brit reg't).

      If so what a weird looking lot they must have been to be wearing just red coats!
      Do you know when the 41st rec'd their 1811 clothing alotment?
      These coats could have been in stores for 6 months or so, or were things that bad for the 41st that it was a cast off once the arms fell off or it fell off your back?

      If so Jim you are way too pretty! ;-)