militia uniforms

  • firepara1us
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2002
      Hello, just new to the group so I hope this hasn't come up before
      but. Can anyone direct me to a source for new york militia uniforms?
      or a discription if some one knows what most units wore.
      thanks
    • Carl Benn
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2002
        A good place to start looking for data on NY Militia uniforms is Rene Chartrand, Uniforms and Equipment of the United States Forces in the War of 1812 (Youngstown: Old Fort Niagara Association, 1992).

        Carl Benn, PhD
        Chief Curator
        City of Toronto Museums and Heritage Services