Re: [WarOf1812] source for 1803 source?

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
      Calvin:
      Check out http://www.armsandarmour.co.uk/updatepage.htm
      And be prepared to mortgage your house and kids. This is an original
      and costs about $7,000 CDN.
      ;->)
      Ray Hobbs, Sgt
      CO 41st Regiment of Foot

      PS: My question - Did Militia Flank Companies actually function as
      'Flank Companies' in battles during the War of 1812?

      Calvin Arnt wrote:

      > Anyone know where I can find the following sabre?
      >
      > The standard flank company sword was the 1803 pattern gilt bronze
      > lion headed hilt with a crowned GR. cypher on the knucklebow in a
      > leather scabbard with gilt bronze mounts.
      >
      > DG doesn't sell it so I'm trying to find someone who does. Thanks,
      >

      > Calvin Arnt.
      > Lincoln Militia.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > THOUSANDS of square miles...

    • Calvin Arnt

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
          Hello,

          $7K for an 1803 flank company officer's sword is nuts.

          Carl Benn, PhD
          Chief Curator
          City of Toronto Museums and Heritage Services