eBay item

  • PEGGY Mathews
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
      Friends,

      I found an interesting item on eBay that might be of interest to someone.
      View it at:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=743308424&category=4070

      The description says:
      --------------------------
      THE ADVANCE LIGHT BRIGADE 1814 DELAWARE Nice piece of militia,military
      history. A book approx size 4-1/2"x7",Approx 95 pages hard cover, spine has
      been repaired with magic tape as well as 4-5 pages inside have been repaired
      with this tape. Pencil notations on inside front pages,two names written
      with date 1820.These names appear on the printed soldiers lists inside. This
      book is -A BRIEF SKETCH OF THE MILITARY OPERATIONS ON THE DELAWARE DURING
      THE LATE WAR(1812) TOGETHER WITH A COPY OF THE MUSTER ROLLS OF SEVERAL
      VOLUNTEER CORPS WHICH COMPOSED - "THE LIGHT BRIGADE,AS THEY STOOD AT THE
      CLOSE OF 1814."--SKETCH OF BOOK INCLUDES DIFFERENT CORPS AT VARIOUS CAMPS
      WHICH INCLUDE--CAMP BLOOMFIELD,CAMP BRANDYWINE,CAMP DUPONT & MOUNT
      BULL.MUSTER ROLL OF "ADVANCE LIGHT BRIGADE" - "FRANKLIN FLYING BRIGADE" -
      CALVARY,FIRST CITY TROOP,SECOND CITY TROOP,INDEPENDENT ARTILLERISTS,SECOND
      COMPANY JUNIOR ARTILLERISTS,FRANKFORD VOLLUNTEER ARTILLERISTS,WASHINGTON
      GUARDS,STATE FENCIBLES,INDEPENDENT BLUES,UNION GUARDS,STATE GUARDS,MIFFLIN
      GUARDS OF DELAWARE,DETACHMENT OF MILITA,CITY MILITA COMPANYS,NUMBER OF
      OFFICERS,PRIVATES,MUSICIANS,ETC ATTACHED TO THE ADVANCE LIGHT BRIGADE. 25
      PAGES ARE OF A DARKER TONED COLOR-(SEE SCANS FOR CONDITIONS) some page
      corners bent, small nicks,foxing areas,spots & tares thru out from age &
      wear. CONDITION IS QUITE SOUND FOR THE AGE OF THIS BOOK. SEE SCAN FOR
      CONDITION.-Money orders next day if possible. Checks to clear first. USA S/H
      $4.50 Overseas $5.00 or more.Not set up for Pay Pal,"Bid Pay" will work.
      -----------------------
      I don't know the seller (Arizona based), nor do I have any connections with
      him/her/it. But it looked like something that would peak someone's interest
      on the e-list. Current price is 50 USD with an undisclosed reserve.

      Caveat emptor.

      Michael

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
        From: "M. Mathews" <ciefranche21e@...>

        an interesting item ....... THE ADVANCE LIGHT BRIGADE 1814 DELAWARE

        View it at:

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=743308424&category=4070

        --------------------------

        Michael, Mon Ami'

        ......... are you bidding?
      • PEGGY Mathews
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
          Alas no, not in my budget at this time. Too many holiday indulgences
          already made, or planned for. ;-)

          Looks like a prize though, probably go pretty pricey. Gonna try?

          Peace, (through more/bigger cannons)

          Michael

          "We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we
          must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

          >From: "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@...>
          >To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: [WarOf1812] eBay item
          >Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:02:42 -0500
          >
          >From: "M. Mathews" <ciefranche21e@...>
          >
          >an interesting item ....... THE ADVANCE LIGHT BRIGADE 1814 DELAWARE
          >
          > View it at:
          >

          >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=743308424&category=4070
          >
          > --------------------------
          >
          >Michael, Mon Ami'
          >
          > ......... are you bidding?

          >of square miles...

        • alaidh
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
            --- In WarOf1812@y..., "PEGGY Mathews" <ciefranche21e@m...> wrote:
            > Alas no, not in my budget at this time. Too many holiday indulgences
            > already made, or planned for. ;-)
            >
            > Looks like a prize though, probably go pretty pricey. Gonna try?
            >
            > Peace, (through more/bigger cannons)
            >
            > Michael

            Brian and I are considering going for it if it doesn't get too
            rediculous - the acid in the paper is lowly disintegrating it, so we
            figure that since the copyright is llong since expired, we'll scan the
            sucker and put it on a webpage for free download.

            Only way to save something like that.