Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Louisiana Blues

  • petemonahan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
      Charles
      You tease, you! The rest of us read your answer to Kevin's question about
      the Irish "Blues" but I don't see your website address listed. Can we have
      it so we too can check out this fascinating unit?

      Peter Monahan, Royal Newfoundland Reg"t (another one with lots of Irishmen in
      it!)
      petemonahan@...
      705-435-0953

    • charlespk66
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
        --- In WarOf1812@y..., petemonahan@a... wrote:
        > Charles
        > You tease, you! The rest of us read your answer to Kevin's
        question about
        > the Irish "Blues" but I don't see your website address listed.
        Can we have
        > it so we too can check out this fascinating unit?
        >
        > Peter Monahan, Royal Newfoundland Reg"t (another one with lots of
        Irishmen in
        > it!)
        > petemonahan@a...
        > 705-435-0953

        Peter,
        Sorry about that. Please look at:

        http://www.geocities.com/lebataillondorleans/

        Charles
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
          From: "charlespk66" <charlespk66@...>

          Please look at:

          http://www.geocities.com/lebataillondorleans/

          ------------------------
          Charles, a very nice site and well worth the visit.
          Thank you for the URL.

          Charles, un emplacement tres gentil et bon en valeur la visite.
          Merci du URL.

          Larry
        • petemonahan@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
            Charles
            Thanks for the address!

            Peter Monahan
            petemonahan@...
            705-435-0953

          • BritcomHMP@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
              In a message dated 12/2/2002 5:59:39 PM Central Standard Time,
              charlespk66@... writes:

              > They were also known as White's Louisiana Blues as they were
              > commanded by Captain Mansuel White at the Battle of New Orleans.

              Charles gave you the details well but there is more to the story. Captain
              Maunsell faced an English cousin at the battle (not directly you understand)
              but Captain (later Colonel) Fredrick Maunsell of the 85th fought at the
              battle. Of course on January 8th he was one of Thornton's detachment that
              drove the routed Americans on the westbank 2 miles back from their positions.
              He later became Colonel of the 85th and subsequently a General officer.