Re: [WarOf1812] Battle of Georgian Bay 2004 Question???????

  • HQ93rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2002
      In a message dated 29/11/02 12:11:00 PM, brunelle@... writes:

      << After much politics and meetings with the historic site in regards to the
      encampment being located at the site for 2004, we have been told outright
      that it will not be allowed to happen because of the Heritage Act, etc, etc,.
      With this being the case, the Town of Penetanguishene has offered to host the
      encampment in Waterfront Park in Penetanguishene. Although it is not the
      historic site it is still a very beautiful park with lots of waterfrontage
      and areas for the encampments, artisans, sutlers and of course Jack's Nasty
      Face Tavern. >>

      Just because of "politics" having been involved, I am sorely tempted to make
      an effort to actually be there and support the event at it's "Un-historic"
      location!
      "Oh, no one is licking my toes, so I'm not going to play, so there!" --
      Somebody call the waaaaaaaambulance.
      Good on you for keeping an event going and trying to make it better than ever.

      93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line
      www.93rdhighlanders.com