Battle of Georgian Bay 2004 - Question?????

  • David J. Brunelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2002
      Dear Fellow Re-enactors and Friends,

      After much politics and meetings with the historic site in regards to the encampment being located at the site for 2004, we have been told outright that it will not be allowed to happen because of the Heritage Act, etc, etc,.

      With this being the case, the Town of Penetanguishene has offered to host the encampment in Waterfront Park in Penetanguishene. Although it is not the historic site it is still a very beautiful park with lots of waterfrontage and areas for the encampments, artisans, sutlers and of course Jack's Nasty Face Tavern. The Tall Ships would be berthed at the Town Dock in Penetanguishene, just minutes away from the main encampment. All the great battles would be the same with new ones of course because of the location changes. As always re-enactors come first at all BGB events and will be given the utmost hospitality and services available to make this event as memorable and unique as possible.

      I would like everyones opinion on this matter and if it this change in the location of the encampment would be well received by you the re-enactors and participants!!!

      Please let me know!! And if you have any questions please ask!!!

      I will be letting everyone know if the Battle of Georgian Bay 2004 will be taking place by the end of January 2003.

      Look forward to your input!!!

      Dave Brunelle
      Chairman
      Battle of Georgian Bay 1998, 20