Fw: Your USA Social Security

  • mike dollinger
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002
      From: Connie Lynch
      Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 9:54 PM
      To: angi3303@...; edrex@...; fdbbdog@...; jpartin12900@...; lallen715@...; wheeljl@...; mrs_lynch@...; marcilynn10@...; smokingiron@...; nel6945@...; smarquez48@...; tbe55sue@...
      Subject: Fwd: Your USA Social Security

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: George Holy
      To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
      Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 8:46 PM
      Subject: Fw: Your USA Social Security

      This must be an issue in "04." Keep it going.

      SOCIAL SECURITY: (This is worth the read. It's short and to the point.)

      Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.

      Our Senators and Congressmen do not pay into Social Security and, course,
      they do not collect from it. Social Security benefits were not suitable for
      persons of their rare elevation in society.

      They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. Many years ago they
      voted in their own benefit plan. In more recent years, no congressperson has
      felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

      For all practical purposes their plan works like this When they retire, they
      continue to draw the same pay until they die, except it may increase from
      time to time for cost of living adjustments. For example, former Senator Byrd
      and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00
      (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand), with their wives drawing
      $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives. This is calculated on an
      average life span for each.

      Their cost for this excellent plan is $00.00.

      Nada.Zilch.

      This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up
      the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly
      from the General Funds-our tax dollars at work!

      >From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid)

      into-every payday until we retire (which amount is matched! by our
      employer)--we can expect to get an average $1,000 per month after retirement.

      Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000.

      monthly benefits for 68 years and one (l) month to equal Senator Bill
      Bradley's benefits!

      Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.

      And that change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under
      the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the
      rest of us and then watch how fast they would fix it.
      If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted
      and maybe good changes will evolve. How many people can YOU send this to?
      Or will you just read this and ignore your rights, saying what good would it
      do? That's what most people will do.....NOTHING!

      Connie
      'We can often do more for other men by trying to correct our own faults than by trying to correct theirs.' - Francois FenelonGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com