Unit Listing 6.3

  • PEGGY Mathews
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
      Recreated Military Units that are represented on the 1812 Onelist
      Great Britain
      _________________________
      Royal Navy
      HM Schooner Nancy
      Royal Marines: 2nd Battalion
      _________________________
      Army Staff
      _________________________
      British Cavalry

      14th Light Dragoons
      15th Light Dragoons (Hussars)
      19th Light Dragoons
      _________________________
      British Infantry

      1st Foot Guards
      1st (Royal Scots) Regt. of Foot
      2nd foot regiment {Queens}1st Battalion, 4th Company
      7th (Royal Fusiliers) Regt. of Foot
      8th (King's) Regt. of Foot
      9th (East Norfolk) Regt. of Foot,
      21st (RNBF/Scots Fusiliers) Regt. of Foot
      23rd Regt. of Foot
      37th (North Hampshire) Regt of Foot
      41st Regt. of Foot
      49th Regt. of Foot
      50th (West Kent) Regt. of Foot
      73rd Regt of Foot
      89th Regt of Foot
      93rd (Sutherland Highlanders) Regt of Foot
      95th (Rifles) Regt of Foot

      10th Royal Veteran Battalion

      Royal Engineers
      ________________________
      Foreign Regiments in British Service

      De Meuron's (Swiss) Regt
      De Watteville's (Swiss) Regt
      _____________________
      British North American Regulars

      Royal Newfoundland Fencibles
      Canadian Fencibles
      Glengarry Light Infantry Fencibles
      __________________
      Canadian Provincial Corps

      Canadian Voltigeurs
      Michigan Fencibles
      __________________
      Canadian Incorporated, Embodied and Sedentary Militia

      The Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada
      1st Regiment, Kent Militia
      1st Regiment, Lincoln Militia
      Corps of Canadian Voyageurs
      Norfolk Militia Heritage Regiment
      Thomas Anderson's Company of Mississippi Volunteers
      Joseph Rolette's Company of Voyageur Militia

      =======================
      The Republic of the United States
      _______________________
      US Navy
      _______________________

      Ships Company
      Gun Crew, USS Carolina
      Marine Guard, USS Constitution
      _______________________
      American Army
      _______________________
      U.S. Corps of Engineers
      1st U.S. Light Artillery
      _______________________
      American Cavalry

      US Light Dragoons
      Kentucky Light Dragoons (Militia)
      _______________________
      2nd U.S. Artillery
      Captain Lucas' Company of Militia Artillery
      _______________________
      American Infantry

      1st US Inf.
      4th US Inf.
      6th US Inf.
      7th US Inf.
      8th US Inf.
      15th US Inf.
      17th US Inf.
      19th US Inf.
      25th US Inf.
      27th US Inf.

      1st Regt. of Rifles
      Missouri Rangers
      _______________
      American Militia

      5th Maryland
      Jackson's Lifeguards
      Tennessee Volunteers
      West Tennessee Militia
      Plauche's Battalion - Compagnie Francs & Carabinier Compagnie
      1st MD Rifle BN, Fells Point Rifles
      35th Bttn. NH Militia, Cheshire County
      __________________
      French Army
      7e Hussards
      21e Regiment de Ligne
      Regiment Etranger Irlandais

      "We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we
      must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

    • Calvin Arnt
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
        Small correction: This list hasn't been on onelist in ages. We're on
        the third owner of this list so you might want to update that when
        you're updating everything else.

        Calvin Arnt.
        Lincoln Militia.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
          From: "Calvin Arnt" <arnt@...>

          > Small correction: This list hasn't been on onelist in ages. We're on
          > the third owner of this list so you might want to update that when
          > you're updating everything else.

          Small correction

          If talking about the 1812 List, this yahoo Group
          has
          had only one owner that being Jim Yaworsky who created it and still
          owns it

          If referring to the Unit Listing 6.3, this was
          created by
          me to see what units were represented on this 1812 Yahoo group. It
          was capably taken over by Michael Mathews who still maintains it.
        • alaidh
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002

            I believe he was refering to listserver owners - first onelist, then
            egroups, now yahoogroups...

          • dancingbobd@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
              But Calvin, onelist sounds so much nicer than yahoo groups! Lighten up
              a bit.

              Bob Dorian
            • Arnt family
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2002
                I only made the comment because certain person(s) on this list are
                extremely precise on detail that if you're going to update things,
                refer to this as yahoogroups also. And yes, that WAS what I was
                referring to, not the person who started this list. It's not OneList
                or Egroups anymore. I think the welcome message that goes out to new
                members still refers to this as OneList as well. But do whatever you
                want; it's not my list. I was just trying to be helpful.

                Calvin.