Re: [WarOf1812] No I'm first: Mohawk style

  • petemonahan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2002
      Prof. Hobbs

      Both "writer" and "teller" need their veracity questioned from time to
      time. I agree with your caveat in so far as BOTH written and oral history
      are concerned - that was my first (perhaps unclear) point. I'm just afraid
      we "white guys" tend to pass off oral history as "quaint" tradition, but
      having read George W.'s version of the Gulf Wars ( I & II), I'm not sure the
      written documentation is much mre likely to be true!

      Peter Monahan
      petemonahan@...
      705-435-0953