Jeff-Patt event/1812 Tavern night Pix online

  • Vince Wilding
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
      The pix from Saturday's event and Tavern Night ar online at:

      http://www.WincingDevil.com/JPPM0902/

      I appreciate my mere 1.5 hour drive after hearing how the 89th
      Grenadiers drove thru Hurricane spawned weather all the way from
      OhMyGodItsFar, Ontario! My (tarred flat) hat goes off to our gallant
      foes from the frosty north!

      --
      Vince Wilding (Splotch, Fuzzee and Minnie's Majordomo)
      Vince (at) VinceWilding (dot) com --- http://www.VinceWilding.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
        Greetings OneListers
        I would like to climb on my soapbox and rave about the Jeff-Patt
        event in Maryland last weekend.
        This event has been slowly growing consistently for the past 5 years
        or so.
        I have attended many events in my day, but have never felt so
        appreciated and welcomed as I have at this event. I must tip the hat
        to the Royal Marines who were more than hospitable for the 89th.
        Their great reputation is well deserved. I would also like thank the
        orgainzers of the event - class act all the way. Much of the public
        were very thankful for our effort, as well as our American "foes",
        who were gentlemanly enough to make a special point of a general
        salute to us Canadians for coming down to the event.
        The tavern night that is held there on Saturday night makes the 8
        hour drive well worth it in itself!
        One thing this site needs is a sizeable British contingent. If I can
        impress upon many who live in Southern Ontario, this is DEFINATELY a
        worthwhile event to support.
        I am, and will continue to be an ardent supporter of this event. I
        will be encouraging many other to do the same next year. The
        Jefferson-Patterson event is the last weekend of September
        (unfortunately, the same weekend as Ft. Niagara).

        Rick Peterson
        89th Grenadiers/RNR

        --- In WarOf1812@y..., Vince Wilding <vince@V...> wrote:
        > The pix from Saturday's event and Tavern Night ar online at:
        >
        > http://www.WincingDevil.com/JPPM0902/
        >
        > I appreciate my mere 1.5 hour drive after hearing how the 89th
        > Grenadiers drove thru Hurricane spawned weather all the way from
        > OhMyGodItsFar, Ontario! My (tarred flat) hat goes off to our gallant
        > foes from the frosty north!
        >
        > --
        > Vince Wilding (Splotch, Fuzzee and Minnie's Majordomo)
        > Vince (at) VinceWilding (dot) com --- http://www.VinceWilding.com
        > http://www.WincingDevil.com (Piratical and reenacting stuff)
        > The Older the Fiddle, the Sweeter the Tune
      • Jason Bainbridge
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
          Had a great time, I'd venture to say that it tops the list of this
          years events that I attended. I great way to cap off the season.

          cheers to the Jeff-Pat commitee and the Royal Marines.

          Jason Bainbridge
          2/89th Grenadier Coy.