Re: [WarOf1812] Digest Number 1483

  • john harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      > Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:40:57 -0700
      > From: "Ross Flowers" <drums1812@...>
      > Subject: Re: Fort Niagara Event
      >
      > With all due respect John, the largest unit at Fort Niagara was not the
      > glorious 42nd, but the stupendous Corps of Drums!!
      >
      > Ross

      Ross, I stand corrected! The Drum's were there in full glory! They get
      better and better each time, my compliments to all the members! As a vital
      part of the battalion , there is no doubt! The main point that I was trying
      to ask, was where were the "local's". Ed and his marines were engaged on the
      coast, that's great. With long distance involved, I don't expect everyone
      to make everything all the time, I know I don't. You pick and choose what
      your going to travel to, especially when your travelling a long way.
      Work, that's always a problem, family, that to. I guess I'm just trying to
      find a reason for the poor turnout that happens at this event. Is it the
      time of year? End of season burnout? I don't know. Any suggestions or ideas
      out there? Please, let's hear them.
      John
    • Mark Dickerson

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
          Mark:

          There have been years when the Fort Niagara event and that at Chatham have
          been held on the same date. Do we have dates for these events for next year?

          Ross
          > Some of us were also preparing for Chatham this week end and couldn't make
          it to Ft Niagara. We will try to make it next year.

          square miles...