Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Chatham

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
      If it comes to mud pies at forty yards, Drum Major. I'll be your
      second. Talbot had connections with County Ofally, Ireland, where the
      little village of Birr was situated. Among some of his earliest
      immigrants came the Hobbses of County Ofally, and they settled north of
      London, Ontario, changed the name of the hamlet of Hughesville, to
      Birr. Check the graveyard - there are over thirty Hobbs graves there.
      These Hobbses came to Ireland in the 17th century from the Gloucester
      and Wiltshire region of England - same seedbed as my ancestors.
      James Hobbs owned half the county.
      Richard Hobbs, of Bleak House, Middlesex County, Ontario was a
      gentleman.
      'haggis-bashing serfs' my *%$#! Oh, the horror, the horror!
      Raymond Hobbs
      41st Regt.

      Ross Flowers wrote:

      > " haggis-bashing serfs."
      >
      > If you were a gentleman, I'd make you eat grass!
      >
      > Ross
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > THOUSANDS of square miles...

    • badger222ca
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
        --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Chewie" <bkba21788@b...> wrote:
        > Thanks for the kind invite , I do not know as yet about the other
        members , will ask at our AGM , this coming weekend .
        > I however will be unable to attend , as my heart is set on moving
        to Spain early next year with a new job to boot .

        > Chewie
        > unit commander
        > 50th West Kent Regiment Re Enactment Unit
        > " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"

        Probably a wise decision, moving to Spain. You can see what a hostile
        and threatening lot these Celts are. :-)
        I guess I'd better carry me blackthorn with me next time I go to one
        of these re-enacting dos, eh?
        This ere `obbs character is a right bloodthirsty Wurzel, I always
        thought `e were a Welshman.
        I reckon `e be Wurzel and Welsh, same as me.
        So, Scrumpy's on me, next time we meet Mr. Hobbs.
        Churz!
        Pte. Wurzel Avery
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2002
          From: "Chewie" <bkba21788@...>

          I however will be unable to attend, as ...moving to Spain

          Sir Chewie

          I checked it out there are planes flying from Spain to Canada
          maybe even right into London Ontario Canada ...:-)
        • Five Rivers
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 2002
            To any of you who were expecting to see Gary and I (Five Rivers
            Chapmanry) at Faire at the Forks in Chatham this weekend, I'm going to have
            to disappoint you. Gary has severely injured his back today, to the point
            the poor man can barely walk. We're going up to the hospital this evening,
            hopefully, to have it looked it.

            Having said that, with me so arthritic, and now with Gary down for the
            count, it is going to be impossible for us to pack the 2000 pounds of
            equipment for our encampment, let alone think about unloading, setting up,
            working all weekend, and then packing up just to bring it all home and
            unload and unpack. Not going to happen.

            So, apologies all. I'm hoping this thing isn't severe, or chronic.

            And my double apologies for taking up band-width with personal items.

            Regards
            Lorina
            supplies
            (519) 799-5577, fax (519) 799-5418 http://www.5rivers.org email:
            info@...
          • peter monahan
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2004
              Greetings (Canadian) listoids

              Sorry for a personal post here but my e-dress book got fried last
              month!

              My apologies to any who may have missed me at Chatham. And a big
              raspberry to those who didn't! :) "The best laid plans gang aft
              agley", as that Scots guy said: all set to pack my chariot when real
              life intruded.

              If I owe you money or shoe work, please contact me off list and I'll
              recitify the matter a.s.a.p. (Except Uncle Larry! I'm not talking
              to you until I get my frock coat back!)

              A slight chance I'll be at Missinewa, otherwise, winter well and I
              hope to see you in the spring. Alwats willing to winter work on
              boots: drop off in Alliston,T.O. (the center of the universe)or the
              Christmas show in Hamilton.

              Awra best!
              Peter Monahan, RNR
              705-435-0953 / petemonahan@...