Dinner, dancing and lecture

  • rsm1812
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002
      The Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada is holding a dinner, dance
      on October 26th to celebrate a very successful year for the unit and
      the battalion.

      We are pleased to announce that Donald Graves is to be the guest
      speaker after dinner.

      The dinner is to held at Old Fort York and commences at 7PM. Dress
      is of course proper military attire or equivalent civilian dress of
      the period.

      Music and dancing of the period will also be available for those
      feeling light on their feet.

      The food and presentation will be historically accurate with
      approximately 12 dishes per serving.

      The cost per person is $55.00. A cash bar is also provided.

      RSVP: by 19th October 2002. I must have your remittance by 21st
      October to guarantee your place.

      If you are interested in attending this evening affair then please
      contact me at kevinlightfoot@... or phone 905 607-1358
    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2002
        How did it go? Anyone want to report?
        Chris, Tim A. What's the scoop?

        rsm1812 wrote:

        > The Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada is holding a dinner, dance
        > on October 26th to celebrate a very successful year for the unit and
        > the battalion.
      • Cpl. Wattie
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2002
          Sorry for the delay Kev, but it was such a smashing good time I've only
          now recovered from my hang-over...
          Messr. Graves gave a talk of more than an hour which seemed like only
          minutes, on the career of LCol. Thomas Pearson. Chock full of
          interesting anecdotes, amusing stories and the usual Graves touch: one
          hopes it was a sneak preview of his next book.
          The food by Jessop's was up to that worthy's usual standards and even
          the dancing was a treat, despite certain ladies' reluctance to take a
          turn with a mere sarjent such as myself. Sniff!
          Sgt. Wattie
          (or a reasonable facsimile of his hand)