Live firing - was Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Heads Up

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2002
      This spring at our muster my F&I group did some volley firing with paper cartridges at a cardboard column of Brits. (four wide, man-sized) Although we went a bit slower than desirable in an actual combat situation since we were unfamiliar with doing it that way, the experience was quite interesting. Going from the shoulder to pulling the trigger was quick, and accuracy remained very high. Of course, we had modern replicas, with modern powder, etc. So I'm not drawing any conclusions other than the six of us in the experiment killed a lot of cardboard Brits. ;-)

      Michael

      ps. No patches in the above except for a bit of paper by some.