"The Far Side of the World" News

  • Ted Y.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2002
      Below is something off an e-list I just got. This is a
      bit 11th hour, but thought it might be of interest
      anyway. The HMS Rose is being used in this production,
      I gather.

      Ted Yeatman
      1st Md. Rifle BN.
      Fells Point Rifles

      --------------
      ADDITIONAL ACTORS NEEDED
      FOR PATRICK O'BRIAN FILM
      Long-Haired Men Needed
      **************************
      The Russell Crowe movie, "Far Side of the World,"
      is looking for
      200 additional long-haired men of all nationalities
      to work as paid
      extras portraying 1806 sailors. They will be trained
      to use swords and
      muskets for a battle scene of wild proportions which
      will film from
      mid-September until the end of October.
      Men and boys ages 10-to-40, with longer hair, are
      invited to come
      to an Open Casting Call at Fox Studios in Rosarito on
      Sunday, Sept. 1st
      from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
      Fox Studios is just over the border from San
      Diego at Km 32.8. -
      La Paloma/ Popotla exit off the toll road from Tijuana
      (further driving
      directions are available at www.foxbaja.com).
      This epic seafaring adventure is based on the
      Best Selling Patrick
      O'Brian novels and is directed by Peter Weir. Filming
      has been in
      progress since June. The film will be released in
      2003.
      [From Joseph Ditler]

      http://finance.yahoo.com