[WarOf1812] BBQ Lafitte

  • HQ93rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2002
      Found this the other day, already knew the origin, but it sparked my silly
      mind...nothing new then, eh?

      "Buccaneer: A term synonymous with "pirate," it grew from the outlaws who
      lived on several Caribbean islands in the 1600s. The first so-called
      buccaneers hunted wild pigs and cows, smoking the meat in a barbecue frame
      called a boucan in French (so the word "buccaneer" is something akin to the
      French for "barbecuer"). The buccaneers traded the smoked meat for goods and
      gunpowder. When colonial governors tried to stop the trade, the buccaneers
      turned to the sea — and to piracy."

      From Paramount Pictures!
      Directed by Cecille B. deMille!
      Starring Fredric March!
      "The Barbequer"! -------

      "Ah, Monsieur mon General Jackson, I perhaps am able to help you and your
      men, no?"
      "Darn right, Lafitte! We need charcoal for the pig roast tonite! I'll buy all
      you got."

      93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line
      www.93rdhighlanders.com