Five Rivers (sorta OT)

  • Five Rivers
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2002
      Ladies and Gents,

      I have been asked by several people why we aren't showing up to more
      events. In in the interest of preventing misinformation, I thought I'd try
      to curtail rumours.

      Early this year we discovered I have severe osteoarthritis and frankly
      I've been in a decline since January. Sometimes walking becomes an
      interesting adventure into new heights of pain. That personal physical
      ailment coupled with an increasing backlog in cooperage orders has resulted
      in Gary and I opting to do only one event or demo a month. It simply doesn't
      make sense to be on the road when he has so many orders to fill and I'm not
      of much use to him when we do set up shop.

      So, the best I can offer to our clients at the moment is our website.
      Visit there for patterns, cooperage and workshops, as well as the latest
      sales and promotions we're offering. The next 1812 event we'll be attending
      will be at Chatham in October. People are more than welcome to arrange an
      appointment to come and paw through the patterns in our newly opened study
      here at the old stone house in Neustadt. Any new cooperage orders are now
      shipping for May 2003. I know that's a ridiculous lead-time, but there you
      have it.

      We're still here. We're still open for business. Check in by email or
      our website.

      And my sincere apologies for taking all of you away from more
      interesting and historical discussions.

      Regards
      Lorina
      supplies