Re: garrison colors

  • jas1812
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2002
      At Fort Shelby, Prairie Du Chein Upper Mississippi, The American
      forces flew a flag that contained an eagle among the stars. The
      reports of the capture of the fort include a comment about the eagle
      having a musket ball hole in it. John Fenner from Green Bay
      Wisconsin has had this flag reproduced for the event.

      YHOS

      Jas Lundgren
      6th US Infy

      > For American posts, would it normally be the Stars and Stripes or
      > something else? Any regulations for size? The US colors I see at
      > events tend to be *huge*, which as an USAian I rather like. Were
      > States flags like we saw in the War of Independance still in vogue
      > for militia and volunteer units?

    • PEGGY MATHEWS
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2002
        Dang! I've been there every year for years and never noticed. Doh!

        Michael, aka. Capt. Joseph Rolette