Bladensburg

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
      From: "fayettevillestation" <JGreath510@...>

      Is there a reenactment planned at Bladensburg this year and if so on
      what dates? Any information concerning who, what, when, and where,
      would be great.

      August 17 Battle of Bladensburg, Riverdale, MD
      visit:
      http://www.lissa.net/riverdale/war_of_1812.htm

      WAR Of 1812 2002 Events List
      __________________________

      January 11-12 New Orleans

      Feb 16-17 Battle of Ogdensburg - Ogdensburg, NY

      March 1-2 1812 Living History Conference 2002 - Hmilton Ont
      March 9-10 War-1812 Syposium, Fort Leavenworth Kansas

      April 13-14 British Officer's & NCO' School of Instruction
      Fort York. Toronto Canada

      May 4-5 Havre De Grace, MD
      May 4-5 Battle of Longwoods London Ont
      May 25 NW Co. War of 1812, Pine City, Minn

      May 31 June 1-2 Battle of Stoney Creek Hamiton Ont

      June 22 Jefferson Patterson Park Tavern Night, St. Leonard's, MD

      July 13-14 Cryslers Farm
      July 19-20 Fort George
      July 19-21 Prairie Du Chein, Wisconsin.

      August 2-4 Battle for Mackinac Island
      August 3-4 Time Line Fort Malden
      Aug 10-11 Fort Erie, Fort Erie Ont
      August 17 Battle of Bladensburg, Riverdale, MD
      August 24 Shandy Hall, Geneva, Ohio

      Sept 7-8 Battle of Lake Erie Event, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
      Sept 7-8 Battle of Backus, Backus Conservation Area, Port Rowan Ont.
      Sept 13-15 Battle of Plattsburgh, NY
      Sept 28-29 Jefferson Patterson Park Museum, St. Leonard's, MD
      Sept 28-29 Old Fort Niagara 1812 event Lewiston NY

      Oct 5-6 Heritage Days Chatham, Ont
      Oct 19-20 Fort Osage Militia Muster, Sibley Missouri
      Oct 11-13 Mississinewa 1812, Marion, Indiana

      __________________________

      WAR Of 1812 2003 Events List
      __________________________

      Oct 10-12 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Indiana

      ------------------------
      FINI
    • druzhba57
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
        > From: "fayettevillestation" <JGreath510@a...>
        >

        > Is there a reenactment planned at Bladensburg this year and if so
        on
        > what dates? Any information concerning who, what, when, and
        where,
        > would be great.
        >
        > August 17 Battle of Bladensburg, Riverdale, MD
        > visit:
        > http://www.lissa.net/riverdale/war_of_1812.htm

        I live sorta near this, and might like to come see it. But the page
        says 2000. Is it stil going on this year? I see what looks like some
        US groups in the photos, but who are the British groups? (Still
        learning about the war, sorry!)

        Stig
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
          From: "druzhba57" <druzhba57@...>

          Is there a reenactment planned at Bladensburg this year ...

          LL: August 17 Battle of Bladensburg, Riverdale, MD
          visit:
          http://www.lissa.net/riverdale/war_of_1812.htm

          Stig:
          I live sorta near this, and might like to come see it. But the page
          says 2000. Is it stil going on this year? I see what looks like
          some
          US groups in the photos, but who are the British groups? (Still
          learning about the war, sorry!)
          ------------------------

          Go to the site

          http://www.lissa.net/riverdale/war_of_1812.htm

          click on

          "Links & Contacts"

          they will be able to tell you Yeah or Nah

          Ymh&os
        • druzhba57
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
            > From: "druzhba57" <druzhba57@y...>
            >
            > Is there a reenactment planned at Bladensburg this year ...
            >

            > LL: August 17 Battle of Bladensburg, Riverdale, MD
            > visit:
            > http://www.lissa.net/riverdale/war_of_1812.htm
            >
            > Stig:
            > I live sorta near this, and might like to come see it. But
            the page
            > says 2000. Is it stil going on this year? I see what looks
            like
            > some
            > US groups in the photos, but who are the British groups?
            (Still
            > learning about the war, sorry!)
            > ------------------------
            >
            > Go to the site
            >
            > http://www.lissa.net/riverdale/war_of_1812.htm
            >
            > click on
            >
            > "Links & Contacts"
            >

            > they will be able to tell you Yeah or Nah
            >

            > Ymh&os

            All Nah. The links and contacts are all with PDs, parks and municipal
            depts, etc., but no reenactors. Oh, well...

            Stig
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
              From: "druzhba57" <druzhba57@...>

              > All Nah. The links and contacts are all with PDs, parks and municipal
              > depts, etc., but no reenactors. Oh, well...

              Stig
              The PDs, parks and municipal depts, etc. will know if there is an
              event and who is in charge and who is registered (re-enactors).
            • appin1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
                It will be at Riversdale Mansion in Riverdale Park, Maryland, noon to 4PM,
                August 17th. You can contact Ed Day or Anne Wass at the site. Address of the
                mansion is 6005 48th Street, phone number is 301-864-0420.

                Hope to see you there.

                Kathleen Norvell
                Historical Guild of Maryland

              • fayettevillestation
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
                  Thanks to everyone for the quick response and the information. I will
                  put it on my calendar.

                  Regards,
                  Jim G.
                • Ted Y.
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
                    The event may last over into the morning of the next
                    day, as some are thinking about camping overnight and
                    leaving the next day.

                    Y.H. & O.S.
                    Ted Yeatman
                    D.C. Enrolled Militia [temporarily for this event]
                    "We fight until we run, and we run until we die."

                    http://health.yahoo.com
                  • easeufe@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 27, 2002
                      In a message dated 7/27/02 11:47:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      JGreath510@... writes:

                      > a reenactment planned at Bladensburg this year and if so on
                      > what dates? Any information concerning who, what, when, and where,
                      > would be great.

                      Jim et al,

                      Yes, Bladensburg is alive and well and will be held on the 17th of August
                      from Noon to 4:00 PM on the grounds of Riversdale Mansion in Riverdale, MD.
                      Units currently scheduled to be there are: US - 5th MD, Aisquith Rifles,
                      Fells Point Rifles (or DC Militia) and Ship's Company; British - 21st Foot,
                      44th Foot, Royal Marines and Royal Navy. Please contact Ann Wass, E =
                      annbwass@... or 301.864.0420 for further information or if you wish to
                      participate.

                      Warning: Maryland is home to the small 1812 events but we're growing.

                      Ed Seufert, LCpl
                      1812 Royal Marines
                      1st Co/2nd Batt RM

                    • Ted Y.
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 28, 2002
                        Ed,
                        Some are planning to stay over into the following
                        day, so it may be a little longer if others want to
                        stick around later.
                        Hopefully I'll have the rifle uniform by later in
                        the fall. Until then I'm DC Enrolled Militia.

                        Y.H.&.O.S.
                        Ted Yeatman
                        DC Enrolled Militia
                        /1st Md. Rifle BN., Fell's Point Rifles

                        http://health.yahoo.com
                      • easeufe@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 28, 2002
                          In a message dated 7/28/02 12:50:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                          pimpernel77@... writes:

                          > Some are planning to stay over into the following
                          > day, so it may be a little longer if others want to
                          > stick around later.

                          Ted,

                          In the past we've stayed over until Sunday as well as others units. The site
                          does not have a problem and has shower facilities nearby. They are also
                          offering supper to those that are interested.

                          In the past, we have had nightime activities at Riversdale including taverns
                          and dances/balls etc. This year the event happens to fall on the same
                          weekend that my daughter is moving back to college so I can only spend a part
                          of saturday there.

                          Ed Seufert, LCpl
                          1812 Royal Marines
                          1st Co/2nd Batt RM

                        • Ed Seufert
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 23, 2009
                            Today marks the 195th anniversary of the Bladensburg Races!

                            Cheers,

                            Ed Seufert, Cpl
                            1812 Royal Marines