Epoxy Linings - A Warning

  • lenthecooper
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2002
      Hi Listoids,
      A while back we discussed lining the insides of canteens and wooden
      containers with wax and someone recommended epoxy resins from
      Envirotex.
      I emailed that good company and eventually (like today) got a reply
      back from Carl Becker CSM (Coy Sgt Major? Clogged System Manager?) of
      Enviromental Technology and he says that none of their products are
      Certified Food Safe. That was it. That's all. I've asked him some
      more questions but if this is an example of their efficent use of new
      technology then I might not hear from them for another month.
      I would highly recommend that if you have lined a canteen or other
      wooden container with this product that you cease and desist as you
      are very likely poisoning yourself.
      If it's not certified as food safe, then it isn't food safe. Please
      don't take the chance.
      If you're looking for a replacement canteen check with Gary and
      Lorina at Five Rivers. Good product at a good price.
      Cheers,
      Len