Battle Of Chippawa

  • Rich Parkinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2002
      Today marks the 188th anniversary of the Battle of Chippawa. It was here that Riall uttered those famous words, "Holy $#*~!....those dudes are regulars!", upon seeing the well disciplined men under Scott's command.

      I was actually wondering that since the new monument was unveiled last October and this is the first anniversary since then, were there any ceremonies held today or planned for this weekend???

      R. Parkinson.
      41 Regt.

    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2002
        Yes there was. Today at 5:30 there was a short service at the monument with the Niagara Parks Commission, Soldiers, Militia and First Nations Warriors of both sides from Ft Erie and some of the fife and drum corp from
        Ft George. As well as other important people.

        Kevin Windsor
        89th Reg't
        (and also one of those Niagara Falls Museum types)