2002 Events - update

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2002
      Sept 7-8 Fort Henry 1812 Event

      ----- Original Message -----

      From: Peter Twist
      Subject: Fort Henry - War of 1812 Garrison Weekend

      We have been invited to garrison Fort Henry the weekend of September
      7 and 8 this Fall.
      The site will provide meals and the usual amenities for a historic campsite.
      This time of year is
      still their tourist high season but the Fort Henry Guard is finished at the
      end of August. They
      therefore are looking to us to animate their site. We would do performances
      on the parade
      square at scheduled times as well as camp interpretation. This is a
      wonderful opportunity for
      War of 1812 re-enactors to showcase their hobby.

      The recent strike prevented communication between the Fort and us
      but things are now
      slowly returning to normal. I will send out details as they become
      available.

      Please reserve this weekend on your calendar. It should be a great
      time!

      Peter Twist

      Revised Events List
      _______________

      WAR Of 1812 2002 Events List
      __________________________

      January 11-12 New Orleans

      Feb 16-17 Battle of Ogdensburg - Ogdensburg, NY

      March 1-2 1812 Living History Conference 2002 - Hmilton Ont
      March 9-10 War-1812 Syposium, Fort Leavenworth Kansas

      April 13-14 British Officer's & NCO' School of Instruction
      Fort York. Toronto Canada

      May 4-5 Havre De Grace, MD
      May 4-5 Battle of Longwoods London Ont
      May 25 NW Co. War of 1812, Pine City, Minn

      May 31 June 1-2 Battle of Stoney Creek Hamiton Ont

      June 22 Jefferson Patterson Park Tavern Night, St. Leonard's, MD

      July 13-14 Cryslers Farm
      July 19-20 Fort George
      July 19-21 Prairie Du Chein, Wisconsin.

      August 2-4 Battle for Mackinac Island
      August 3-4 Time Line Fort Malden
      Aug 10-11 Fort Erie, Fort Erie Ont
      August 17 Battle of Bladensburg, Riverdale, MD
      August 24 Shandy Hall, Geneva, Ohio

      Sept 7-8 Battle of Lake Erie Event, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
      Sept 7-8 Battle of Backus, Backus Conservation Area, Port Rowan Ont.
      Sept 7-8 Fort Henry
      Sept 13-15 Battle of Plattsburgh, NY
      Sept 28-29 Jefferson Patterson Park Museum, St. Leonard's, MD
      Sept 28-29 Old Fort Niagara 1812 event Lewiston NY

      Oct 5-6 Heritage Days Chatham, Ont
      Oct 19-20 Fort Osage Militia Muster, Sibley Missouri
      Oct 11-13 Mississinewa 1812, Marion, Indiana

      WAR Of 1812 2003 Events List

      Oct 10-12 Mississinewa 1812 Marion Indiana