Border Crossing at Queenston on Thursday

  • susan@mrsmcleans.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2002
      Hi, everyone! I crossed into the US on Thursday at Queenston/Lewiston,
      and thankfully had a painless and search-free crossing, even with two
      bottles of Scotch (which I declared) in tow. However, this was more a
      case of plain dumb luck than anything -- all of the trucks going through
      the crossing in my lane were processed as normal, while all of the
      trucks in the other lane were torn apart by a team of customs agents and
      army GI-in-training types (or perhaps they were National Guards in
      training?), complete with sniffer dogs and so forth. It looked like a
      training exercise combined with a random check operation. For once, I
      chose the right line!

      There were no problems with immigration whatsoever (touch wood that that
      continues!).

      -- Sioux