Happy Dominion Day!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      From: "john harris" <jharris@...>

      "CRAIG WILLIAMS" <sgtwarner@...>

      "The Maple Leaf .........

      I agree Craig!!! How many people know the lyrics ......
      _________________

      Also agree Gentlemen

      n' I personally like the part that acclaims

      Wolf the dauntless Hero came
      and planted firm Britannia's flag
      on Canada's fair domain .........
    • CRAIG WILLIAMS
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        Of course the thing I feel is the coolest is that I live about ten minutes
        walk from THE tree that inspired Alexander Muir to write "The Maple Leaf
        Forever". I visit it frequently!

        Craig
      • dancingbobd@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
          Hi everyone,

          I wish all in Canada a joyous Dominion Day! It is great to have a day
          to celebrate a nations heritage and history.

          Bob Dorian
          Independence, MO USA
        • howard simcoe
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
            Here you go.

            Hward Simcoe
            "THE ROYAL SCOTS"
            1ST OF FOOT

            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore,
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride,
            And join in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever
            .
            [CHORUS]
            .
            The Maple Leaf
            Our Emblem Dear,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.
            God save our Queen and heaven bless,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.
            At Queenston Heights and Lundy's Lane
            Our brave fathers side by side
            For freedom's home and loved ones dear,
            Firmly stood and nobly died.
            And so their rights which they maintained,
            We swear to yield them never.
            Our watchword ever more shall be:
            The Maple Leaf Forever!
            .